YouTube, the Intimidating Frontier
I have wanted to do a YouTube video for a long time. But I was intimidated by the idea. Would I need to wear makeup? I rarely do makeup. Could I be clever enough? Brief enough? Visual enough?
I have discarded ideas for YouTube videos as diverse as book trailers, cooking demos, and writing instruction (exactly how do you break a scene down and see how it works well…or doesn’t?). I have half-written scripts. I even did a video for a Kickstarter of mine. But never a YouTube video.
Until today. In under an hour.
Yes, Really, Under an Hour
Here’s all you need to do the same:
- An idea (mine was to share the “Don’t Text and Drive” promotion that was already ongoing)
- Graphics (our infographics, a screenshot from our contest page, easy peasy)
- Audio script (better to know what you’re planning to say than to sound hesitant with a live mic)
- Special effect audio files (car crash, creative common score)
- A program to edit everything into a work of beauty (we have Final Cut, but iMovie is good, too)
- A YouTube channel
I suppose I should confess my secret ingredient: my youngest is a videographer and he was home today.… Read the rest